Snickers cake is an easy recipe to combine and it’s perfect for when you are in no mood to bake.
What you need:
– 16 whole crackers
– Two cups of dark chocolate, chopped
– Three quarters a cup of peanut butter
– Three quarters cup of cornstarch
– Six cups of whole milk
– Two cups of sugar
– One tablespoon of vanilla extract
– Four tablespoons of butter
– Half cup of heavy cream
– Seven bars of Snickers, chopped
– A pinch of salt
– Some water
How to make snickers cake:
1. For the pudding: Mix the cornstarch, one cup of sugar, salt and milk in a blender and pulse till well blended.
2. Pour the mixture into a heat proof bowl and put in simmering water for about 30 minutes and stir occassionally.
3. The pudding is ready once it is thick enough to leave marks when a spoonful is drizzled on the rest of it.
4. Add in vanilla to the pudding. Divide the mixture into two.
5. Divide the mixture into two and add three quarters a cup of chocolate to one and peanut butter to the other, whisking thoroughly to combine.
6. For the caramel sauce: Put one cup of sugar and water into a saucepan and place over medium heat and stir until sugar dissolves.
7. Increase the heat to high once the sugar has dissolved.
8. Do not stir, swirl the pot softly so the mixture keeps moving.
9. The mixture will bubble and take on a light gold shade, at this point, add four tablespoons of butter and heavy cream. Mix to combine.
10. Set aside to cool.
11. For the pouring sauce: Place half a cup of chocolate and heavy cream in a bowl over simmering water.
12. Allow to sit for three minutes and do not stir.
13. Stir slowly to combine and add four tablespoons of sugar. Mix.
14. Add five tablespoons of warm water one spoon at a time, mixing after each spoon is added.
15. Set aside to cool.
16. Line a baking pan with foil, letting extra foil dangle on both sides.
17. Arrange the crackers to cover the bottom of the pan.
18. Cover with a thin layer of chocolate pudding.
19. Place another layer of crackers on top of the pudding.
20. Cover with a thin layer of peanut butter pudding.
21. Repeat 17 to 20 until those ingredients are exhausted.
22. Pour the now cooled caramel sauce on top and leave to set.
23. Pour the now cooled sauce on top.
24. Add the chopped Snickers on top.
25. Leave in the freezer overnight to set.
26. Serve as desired.