Do you know that today is the harvest of yesterday? The help you gave someone else yesterday will come back to you today but it will reap a much larger harvest than you can imagine or will ever know. The great women of valor – NNEW held a press conference towards their Women Summit which is set to help entrepreneurs create lasting wealth. THEME: OWN YOUR FUTURE.
Relax while you enjoy the press release below.
As the saying goes, the future is not something we enter, it is something we create. It is now time to start taking the right steps towards a beautiful future. This is the reason NECA Network of Entrepreneurial Women (NNEW) has themed its third annual summit holding October 20th and 21st at the Sheraton Hotel, Ikeja as ‘Own Your Future.’
This year’s NNEW summit will be the third edition, the first was held in 2014 with the theme: “Women as catalysts of nation building”. The second edition was held last year and it coincided with our 10th anniversary of NNEW an organisation. The theme was “Footprints..rebranding, refocusing and repositioning”.
The objective of this year’s theme, ‘Own Your Future’ is to equip women with the right kind of information that will prepare and empower them to take specific steps towards planning their future.
This summit will help participants come up with answers to these fundamental questions that entrepreneurs who desire to be highly successful must ask themselves.
- What do I see ahead of me?
- Where do I see myself in 5, 10, 15 or 20 years from now?
- What do I desire to meet when I get to the future?
This is the right time to start painting that picture you desire. Remember, today is the harvest of yesterday, while the seed for tomorrow is sown today. It is based on this premise that the NNEW Summit Committee with the support and input of the Executive members went to the drawing board to develop a programme that would address these issues and concerns, to equip participants with the knowledge and skills to create the future that they desire for themselves and their businesses.
We must always remember that in tough and trying times what helps us to think and create better, putting us over the challenges is information. So NNEW has sought out seasoned entrepreneurs as speakers who would be able to deliver topics along this theme in impactful ways to help us prepare in every aspect of our lives. These speakers include
- Chief (Mrs) Nike Akande, President, Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI), honorary life president of Nigerian Association of Chambers of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture (NACCIMA), an economist, accountant and industrialist. A woman who is considered to be a corporate amazon and an inspiration to many. She is on the board of many organisations.
- Ayo Aderinwale is the Executive Director of Africa Leadership Forum, Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Business School Netherlands and Chairman Just rite Limited. He is a financial and business development expert.
- Mrs Ini Onuk, lead consultant/CEO of ThistlePraxis Consulting Limited,
- Princess (Dr) Vicky Haastrup, seasoned entrepreneur and CEO, ENL Consortium, Port Terminal,
- Mrs Clementine Doregos, founder and proprietress, St. Bernadette Education Services, owner of St. Bernadette Schools and Doregos Private Academy,
- Cornel Agwu, principal strategist of De Evolution Link Ltd (DEL), Financial and Business Development Expert,
- Dr Ekaete Etiebet, CEO, OIS Health Services is a medical practitioner and health expert and
- Mrs Modupe Oyekunle, President, NNEW and host, she is a seasoned speaker and founder, Masterpiece Resource Development Centre (MRDC).
The main sub-theme of the panel on the first day is “Building wealth for future generations” and the speakers will look at the topic from three different perspectives…Building wealth of Character, of good health and financial strength.
The truth is what is the essence of making money while young and then spending the rest of one’s life in poor health? Likewise, what is the essence of making all the money and then lacking quality of character that will make you relevant and impactful in old age? It has been said …charisma will take you to the top, but character will keep you there. We want to be balanced and well rounded women.
Also to attend the event are top government functionaries whose role play great impact in private businesses. The conference is not only for NNEW members but for all women who desire to be successful in their endeavours and the fees is highly subsidized considering the location, buffet, refreshments and other items to be given to participants.
What do you think about NNEW? Do you have questions for NNEW? Drop your questions using the comment box below.