We at Eventnews Africa bring you one of the top February event in Nigeria. Copyright Society of Nigeria (COSON), the nation’s wave making copyright collective management organization for musical works and sound recordings which is revolutionizing royalty collection and distribution in Nigeria storms Owerri, the Imo State capital on Tuesday, February 16, 2016 for a major Stakeholders’ Forum for copyright owners in the South-East and South-South states of Nigeria.
The historic event which will hold at the main hall of Rockview Hotel in the center of Owerri will be a historic gathering of top artistes, songwriters, composers, music publishers, performers, record companies, broadcast stations, hotels, night clubs, restaurants, transport companies., etc. from Imo, Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu, Rivers, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Delta and Cross River states. The event will also be attended by top government officials including representatives of the Nigerian Copyright Commission, the Federal Government agency that regulates copyright in Nigeria. The Forum will be preceded by courtesy visits to key personalities and media organizations in Imo State.
Speaking on the upcoming Owerri forum, COSON Chairman, Chief Tony Okoroji said, “COSON is ready for Owerri and we hear that Owerri is ready for COSON. The forum will be historic and very exciting. The messages we are getting from Owerri suggest that there is great expectation. We are bringing together diverse groups to chart a new course for Nigerian entertainment. The copyright revolution we have begun must spread so that we can create new jobs for the many young people who are unemployed in Nigeria and ensure that the environment is right for investment in the creative industries. Those who think we are bold have not seen anything yet. COSON is going to even be bolder in 2016”.
Speaking also on the Owerri forum, COSON General Manager, Mr. Chinedu Chukwuji said, “We are leaving no stone unturned in putting together a first class event in Owerri. The successes of our previous stakeholders’ events are indicative that we are making progress especially with the recent successful hosting of the Nigerian Digital Music Summit held in Lagos. I am confident that stakeholders across the country are willing to make the necessary sacrifice to make the process work. We are indeed looking forward to the Owerri Forum”
In the last five years, COSON has distributed hundreds of millions of Naira as copyright royalties to thousands of musicians and organizations in the music industry across Nigeria, something that was considered impossible not long ago. Across Africa, COSON is respected as one of the most professional organizations in the music industry. In every corner around the globe, COSON is represented by about 135 Collective Management Organizations with which the wave making Nigerian organization has reciprocal representation agreements.
With the expectations, come February 16, Imo State is sure to reverberate with the now famous COSON slogan, “Let the music pay!”
- COSON Boss, Chief Tony Okoroji Celebrates Birthday in style
- COSON Members Share 140 Million Naira In Bumper Royalty Distribution
- COSON Commences 2015 Royalty Distribution
- Big Win For Coson At The Federal High Court, Benin
- NOMINATIONS FOR THE COSON SONG AWARDS 2015
- Chocolate City President, Elected Chairman of Nigeria Digital Music Monitoring Group
- #DCOSONWEEK2015: Ita Giwa Leads Nigeria’s Glittarati To The COSON Green Ball
- Victor Oladokun of ‘Turning Point’ Fame To Host COSON in the Church
- COSON Thanks All For The Huge Success of The Nigerian Digital Music Summit
- ABG Spotted with COSON chairman during the Nigerian Digital Music Summit
- Day 1: Moments From Nigerian Digital Music Summit – @COSONng
- Nigerian Music Industry Celebrates ‘No Music Day’ on September 1
- Nigerian Music Industry Charges President Buhari on Intellectual Property Revolution
Stay Connected with us for more of February event:
Hey!!! Do not forget to drop your comment and hit the share button.