Great news guys. The Grammys Museum and BET AWARDS 2016 organiser has unveiled exhibit of Angelique Kidjo, 2 Baba Idibia, Ice Prince, Sir Victor Uwaifo, Laolu Sebanjo and others on June 24, 2016 at the BET Experience, Los Angeles, California.
The new exhibit, Sounds of Africa, showcasing and celebrating the unique diversity of African music, and spotlighting African winners and nominees of both the GRAMMY Awards® and the “BET Awards“.
2016 BET Awards | Things you need before the event
Located on the third floor of the Grammy Museum, the display is an extension of the 16th annual “BET Awards” and the 2016 BET Experience at L.A. LIVE.
Commented Monde Twala, VP, BET, Youth & Music, VIMN Africa, “It’s fantastic to see the influence of African artists and music amplified in this unique exhibition in this iconic setting. We are excited about working with the Grammy Museum to create this fascinating tribute to legendary, traditional and contemporary African musicians.”
On display temporarily until later in the year, the exhibit will feature handwritten lyrics, costumes and rare instruments from a wide range of artists including:
Trending posters of BET Award Nominees
- Nigerian singer/songwriter and producer 2Face Idibia
- Nigerian hip-hop artist and actor Ice Prince (winner, 2013 BET Awards Best International Act: Africa)
- Nigerian visual artist Laolu Senbanjo
- Nigerian singer/songwriter Sir Victor Uwaifo
- South African duo Mafikizolo (2014 BET Awards Best International Act: Africa nominees)
- GRAMMY winner Angélique Kidjo (Benin)
- Singer/songwriter Salif Keita (Mali)
- Congolese rumba singer/songwriter and bandleader Tabu Ley Rochereau
- and many more…
The BET Awards premieres on BET (DStv Channel 129) on Tuesday 28 June at 7.00 PM.
Russian Bear is the official South Africa sponsor of the BET Awards 2016.
For more information on the BET Awards, visit www.betafrica.tv, like us on Facebook atwww.facebook.com/BETinAfrica, or join the conversation about the channel on Twitter and Instagram @BET_Africa using the hashtag #BETAwards16.