About this Event
Each year, Global Entrepreneurship Week reaches millions of people through local, national and global events and activities – often framed by key global themes that shine a spotlight on leading topics in entrepreneurship. This is achieved by the thousands of events and activities held across the globe to inspire millions to engage in entrepreneurial activity while connecting them to potential collaborators, mentors and even investors. Each year, nearly 10 million people participate in 39,000 simultaneous events over the course of the week, all with the shared objective of fueling the start and scaling of ecosystems which create more jobs, accelerate innovation, strengthen economic growth as well as create avenues for entrepreneurship education. From large-scale startup competitions and workshops to small, community discussions – GEW reaches new audiences and connects participants to a network that can help them take the next step, no matter where they are on their entrepreneurial journey.
Global Entrepreneurship Week (GEW) 2019, will recognize four key areas of the entrepreneurial life-cycle; Education, Ecosystems, Inclusion and Policy.
Corpus BDS seeks to facilitate and support this upward trend by providing the necessary platforms to support young and upcoming entrepreneurs, as well as leverage networks and driving innovation to established brands. Thus, through this event, we plan to provide the necessary stimulation, encouragement and relevant information that will in turn foster this growth across board.
The 2nd Global Entrepreneurship Week Abuja organized by Corpus BDS in partnership with other stakeholders will feature a series of activities spread over the week, specially designed to interact, engage and the nation, most especially the young people, to see new opportunities embedded in the country through innovation and technology in order to create wealth.
The 2019 Global Entrepreneurship Conference Abuja will exhaustively discuss topics in the following areas;
- Youth Participation
- Inclusion (Gender based and other Disadvantaged/Minority Groups)
- Agribusiness (Food production & Food processing)
The 2019 Global Entrepreneurship Week Conference Abuja will feature key stakeholders from various sectors in attendance, not limited to;
- Government Representatives
- Policy Makers
- Economic Agents
- Financial Institutions
- Organized Private sector groups
- Business Owners & Aspiring Entrepreneurs
- Economic Infrastructure & Enterprise Service Providers
- NGO/Civil Society Organizations supporting entrepreneurs and MSMEs growth
- Socio-economic influencers
The conference will deliver several outcomes from lectures, deliberations, workshops, exhibitions and general contributions such as;
- To share resources, raise awareness and provide skills training to potential entrepreneurs around the world to foster entrepreneurship.
- To inspire communities to collaborate, and share their networks and markets to help their rising startups thrive.
- Highlight the work startup champions are doing around the world to minimize barriers and obstacles for entrepreneurs by maximizing inclusion while celebrating diversity in all forms, including women and youth in entrepreneurship.
- Deliberate the work of governments and policymakers in making policy solutions to help local entrepreneurs start and scale.
- Increase knowledge and capabilities of existing MSMEs and aspiring entrepreneurs.
- Enhance networking and facilitates ecosystems connect amongst all stakeholders
- To provide viable platform for continued discussion and deliberations for promotion of entrepreneurship in Abuja.
- To avail delegates/attendees the opportunity to explore different investment options under one roof by bringing seasoned entrepreneurs, bankers, agribusiness firms, Bank of Industry and other relevant agencies etc.
- To collaborate and promote other PARTNERS brands and products by providing a platform to engage 1000 delegates cut across different sectors, offline and online. Support 5-10 entrepreneurs with financial support to start or expand existing businesses.
The Global Entrepreneurship Week Abuja 2019 will be spread over five days featuring the following events and activities;
Day 1 – Monday 18th November, 2019.
Keynote Speech: Formal learning and Ability: The correlation between education and entrepreneurship. Focus and Objectives: What the unschooled but entrepreneurial literate needs to tell us.
Panel Discussion: Todays education for tomorrow’s problems Focus and Objectives: How is current educational methodology empowering youths to come up with creative and value adding entrepreneurial solutions.
Venue: Baze University, Abuja
Target Audience: Tertiary Students, Education Administrators, Government representatives, Education representatives
Day 2 – Tuesday 19th November, 2019.
Keynote Speech: Complement versus Competition: Building thriving networks Focus and Objectives: How can enterprises in an industry play and grow together? Does this throw out market competition theories?
Panel Discussion: Big brother collaboration Focus and Objectives: How can enterprises in an industry play and grow together? Does this throw out market competition theories?
Venue: Yar’Adua Centre Abuja
Target Audience: CEO, Entrepreneurs, and Representatives of Government MDAs, Chambers of Commerce
Day 3 – Wednesday 20th November, 2019.
Keynote Speech: Government Policies; the biggest catalyst for economic development Focus and Objectives: Nigeria’s bane and solution. The government as it is currently run is entrepreneurship’s greatest bane, as well as its solution
Panel Discussion: Policies with a purpose; Government policies that support entrepreneurship in Nigeria Focus and Objectives: Information on existing policies, how to maximize opportunities, sources of information
Venue: Yar’Adua Centre Abuja
Target Audience: Government Reps, Lawmakers, MDAs Executives, Manufacturing Association Bodies, Civil Society, Entrepreneurs, Chambers of Commerce.
Day 4 –Thursday 21st November, 2019.
Keynote Speech: Entrepreneurship; Consolidating the gains, innovating for tomorrow Focus and Objectives: Now and Tomorrow: How to create favorable entrepreneurial climate for sustained socioeconomic growth
Panel Discussion: Inclusive entrepreneurship as the right tool for economic development Focus and Objectives: Tackling challenges hindering the entry of Women, Persons with disability and economically disadvantaged persons into the venture arena.
Venue: Yar’Adua Centre, Abuja
Target Audience: Exporters, NEXIM Bank, NEPZA, MDAs Representatives, Entrepreneurs
Day 5 – Friday 22nd November, 2019.
Abuja Target Audience: Entrepreneurs, Investors, CEOs, Media agencies, General Public
Venue: Yar’Adua Centre
Date And Time
Mon, Nov 18, 2019, 10:00 AM – Fri, Nov 22, 2019, 4:00 PM WAT
Shehu Musa Yar’adua Centre, 1 Memorial Drive, Abuja.